Monday, August 01, 2005

Team In Training

I'm so excited. My sister-in-law, Sandra, and I attended our first meeting for the Team IN Training. I have to say that any doubt I had is gone. I was so apprehensive and worried that I would be a big 'misfit' in the group. But, to my surprise, it seems that I CAN DO THIS!

One of my concerns was the fact that we are commuting to Sugarland for our training. This is about a little over an hours drive. I knew there would be a problem making it to train every Saturday. The coach that was at the meeting told me that would not be a problem. He said that the coach and mentor will stay in close contact with me and let me know what I need to be doing that particular weekend and I can do it in my own town. What a relief!

I got a packet of info to start and there is a kick-0ff meeting on the 13th. Then training begins on the 20th of August. I will be creating my own fundraising webpage and working on mailouts! I need to raise 1900. by the end of December!

Let's go....!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hey, that's awesome! I'm going to be a mentor this season and will start participating in some information meetings this week. I'm can't wait to meet interested people and get them excited about TnT. What event will you be training for?

Good luck with fundraising and training. You can definitely do it!