Monday, August 22, 2005

reality check...

yep. i'm outta shape.
we had our first training day this past saturday. our group consists of about 35 people. we met at a park at 7am. the first thing we had to do was sign-in and designate whether we were walkers, runners or walk/runners. i was pretty surprised that out of the whole group there were only about 5-6 walkers. and yours truly is one of them. so, needless to say, the walkers will be bringing up the rear for the next 18 weeks. i'm not the slowest one of the walkers but i'm pretty slow for my own good. i'm blaming it on the excessive amount of extra weight i'm carrying. it sucks. it seems to be on my mind every hour of the day now. i guess that's what it's going to take to get my butt in gear.
every time i sit down to a meal, i'm thinking. do i want to carry more weight with me next saturday? gee whiz. i hope by the end of the year, i can look back and tell a difference in my whole physical makeup....
we started off saturday with three miles. i'm still wearing my old tennis shoes, so they were not very good to me on this walk. can't wait to get my new ones! i made it though. but my legs kinda ached the rest of the afternoon.
i'm keeping my chin up. i know i have a very long way to go.....

1 comment:

Cav said...

WOW - awesome job - you have raised A LOT already!!!! I am going to my kick off this weekend.

Keep up the great work - thanks for doing it!