Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Progess Email #1

Hi Everybody!
I promised you I'd keep you up on my marathon endeavors! I'll try to keep it short, sweet and to the point. Don't want to bore ya! I do want to start with a big "thank you" to all who have made donations to The Leukemia Society on my behalf! I met my initial goal, thanks to you, but will continue to fundraise for this great cause. The money raised will help support patients and families affected by blood diseases and is greatly appreciated by all.
Now, onto marathon progress...! I, along with about 35 other members of the Sugarland "Team in Training" group began our official training schedule two weeks ago. We follow a schedule during the week on our own and then meet in Sugarland to do our 'long walks' (or runs) on Saturday mornings. I have to admit it is hard. At least it is for me. I am not in the greatest of shape so I tend to struggle a little. We started off with a 3 mile walk and will increase to 4 miles this Saturday. It will gradually increase till we are walking 10-12 miles around the first of November or so. The thought scares me.
I must say, I envy the runners. To me, that would be the epitome. If, no, WHEN, I complete this marathon in January, I would love think I could try running. But, I may just be dreaming again...!
I will keep you posted on my efforts and keep your fingers crossed for me, I'm gonna need it!
-Cindy

No comments: