Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cindy's Progress #4

Hi Everyone!
Well, tomorrow (the 31st), will tell all. It is the last long training walk before the marathon. We will go to Sugarland and walk 12 miles. We will have only one more training day before the marathon and that is next Saturday and we will put in 8 miles that day.
Needless to say, I'm very nervous.
The Chevron/Houston Marathon is in exactly 2 weeks from Sunday. I have been seeing commercials advertising it on tv and all I see are the runners, professional ones at that. I will be the walker in back, panting heavily. But, I know in my heart, that the way I will feel when I cross that finishline will without a doubt be the same exhilarating feeling experienced by the best runner there...
Thank you......Thank you.....Thank you...for helping me make a difference in the lives of so many fighting the battle with Leukemia & Lymphoma. And, thank you for helping me succeed in my goal of walking a marathon!
I will let you know how it goes!
~cindy

1 comment:

WalkSports.com said...

Cindy,

Trust your training and go out and have a great day on the 15th!

Jon Walk
http://houstonrunning.blogspot.com/