Thursday, October 06, 2005

Cindy's Progress #2

Hi Everybody,
Just a quick note to update you on my "Team in Training" progress! We are about 7 weeks into our program. The group is great, everyone is very nice and supportive. Our coach is as helpful as can be, spending time with each of us at our different levels of endurance. (mine being "turtles pace" bringing up the rear!) This Saturday we will be walking about 7.5 miles. It seems like the past couple of weekends, I've been veerrry sore after practice and most of that day. We've been increasing our distance every weekend by about a mile to a mile and a half. I guess it's always that extra little stretch that does it to me! So far it's nothing that a couple of ibuprofen can't cure. At least I'm not sore the day after. I still get one "good day" in on the weekend!
I will tell you one thing. There have been a couple of weekends that we have done our training here in town due to prior committments that kept us from traveling. (oh, and one hurricane rita). Sandra, my sister-in-law who is also training, and I have found areas close to our home to walk our allotted miles. That particular hurricane wknd, it was six in the evening and 99 degrees. Yuk. I have to tell you how happy I was though to hear Gregg driving up behind me in his big black truck delivering "cold water" to our much needed bodies!! He and the boys have been very good about tracking us down and checking on us as we roam the streets!
My prayers for a 'cool front' will hopefully be answered tomorrow! A reprieve from the heat is bound to help my energy level! And boy do I need all the help I can get!
I'm also thrilled to tell you that I'm up to $2300. on my fundraising endeavors! It helps knowing that all this hard work is going toward helping patients and their families...
Thank you all for your support and I'll talk to you again in about a month!
cindy

No comments: