Tuesday, July 26, 2005

May 18th, 2005

I started walking with my ten year old son, Brandon at 6:00 one morning in May. For the last 5-6 years, I had been having trouble fitting exercise into my schedule. There just didn't seem to be a time I felt I could devote to exercise. Brandon said he'd accompany me to the local track and jog while I walked. Every time we'd make a lap around the track, I would look ahead at Brandon and expect him to turn off the track and signal to me he was done, so we could go home! But he would continue on to make another lap....and another....and another! I thought, what a little inspiration he was to me. I decided to look upon him as my very own personal trainer! We continued to walk just about every morning during the week. We would walk at least a mile maybe more some days. Once school let out for the summer. I branched out on my own and let Bam sleep in!
It's been a little over two months ago, and I'm happy to say I'm still walking. Usually by now, I've given up!

No comments: